Monday, May 26, 2008

Such Things as Thieves

The irony of the injury from our preferred swords
Strikes me as sad.

My need for words made me weak
And your will would not bend
low for compliments and kindness.

Actions are All
I was too dull to perceive
The love you hammered and lifted,
twisted and restored for our subsistence.

My hands reached out
And I lifted my lips to kiss
As you retreated.

My tenderness seeped though songs
And verses that watered wilderness
I could not visit and will never see
In this life.

Even so,
It was effort that betrayed you,
And my wasted words withered, wounded
sealing our fate.

Store up sweetness!

Lavishly gift the garden that drinks and blooms!

Stop the sun cold
In its race across the sky
When you look in a lover’s face
Even though,
even though there are such
Things as thieves.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Love this.
(Not too happy with the thieves.)

Unknown said...

wow, .... stunning, k. the camino awaits you, with many kind words and traveler's...